Thursday, April 15, 2010

HAWAII!!!!


Warm and sunny, swimming, tanning, and most importantly NO SCHOOL. Summer is my favourite time of the year. Over the summers I remember, I have been on many great vacations, but if I had to pick one of them as my favorite, it would have to be our vacation to Hawaii for my 12th birthday.

When my family went to Hawaii for my 12th birthday we did so much stuff. One of the things that I will always remember it going scuba diving. My sister, my dad and I all got our scuba diving license that year. To get our license we first did our classroom and pool work in Ontario. We had to pass a very long written test at the end of the course. If we passed the test, which we all did, we then had to pass a two day practical dive test where we had to dive to a 60 foot depth. We decided to do our dive test in Hawaii, where we could dive in the ocean. When we arrived in Hawaii, on the island of Kauai, we had to go scuba diving for two days to pass the practical exam. On the second day of the dive test we went to the house of turtles, which was a large shelf on the ocean floor where sea turtles come and are cleaned by fish. When we dived on this site we got to see many different kinds of fish and some very large sea turtles. At the end of the day we all had our licenses.

My birthday was also another thing I will remember. I turned 12 while we were away on our vacation and this made our time in Hawaii even more special for me. On the day of my birthday we had moved from the island of Kauai, to the island of Molokai. The morning of my birthday was not very nice because it was raining, but once the rain stopped we went to the beach. Instead of making a cake we went out and bought a cake that had been flown in from the big island of Hawaii. We watched the sunset while sitting on the beach eating cake.

I also just loved swimming in the ocean and playing in the waves as they broke on the beach by our house. Altogether it was a very fun vacation!

I commented on Ralphie Dawg's BLOG - Evensong.

No comments:

Post a Comment